Separation of Church and State Homepage
Sources for ranking the founders.
Jim used the following sources to rank the importance of each founder:
- David Barton, Original Intent, Appendix C: Biographical Sketches, pp.
- Owen C. Ireland, Religion, Ethnicity and Politics, Ratifying the Constitution in
- Patrick T. Conley and John P. Kaminski, The Constitution and The States,
The Role of the Original Thirteen in theFraming and Adoption of the Federal
- Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal
Conventions, Together with the Journal Of the Federal Convention, vols 1-5.
- John P. Kaminski and Gaspare J. Saladino, The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution, vols. 1-4.
- Relevant sections of The Annals of Congress dealing with the debate on amendments to the Constitution.
- Various other books and works covering the time period of 1774 to 1820 in
general (far too numerous to mention, but Jim can answer relevant questions if you e-mail him).
Return to home